Business Development Manager (m/f/d)
Factories are the backbone of our society, building the products that we are using daily. However, factories could run so much better; every day a massive amount of time and material is wasted because machines are not set up correctly, the material is not delivered on time to the workstation or machine components break. By adopting software to digitize their processes, factories can massively improve their operations. However, building this software is surprisingly difficult, usually requiring 6 digit investments, month-to-year long IT-projects, and high risk of failure.
Actyx is changing this. We offer an application platform that allows building shop-floor software much faster and cheaper. Our platform is based on a unique decentralized edge-computing architecture, adopting technology most recently developed in the blockchain industry. Actyx offers the platform to IT service providers and manufacturing companies with the ultimate goal of making factories better. Over the last 4 years Actyx has grown to a team of 25 absolutely outstanding people, raised over 7 million EUR and is running in multiple factories across the globe.
Actyx is seeking a full-time employee to develop the business out of our Munich HQ.
About the role:
The Business Development Manager at Actyx will take ownership of a variety of business development, marketing initiatives, and strategic projects collaborating with all members of the team and working closing with the companies founders. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in an environment that comes with more responsibility than anywhere else. You will not only learn about the current developments and future of digital factories but be an integral part of shaping an ecosystem for an enterprise software development platform in this field.
- You will be working side by side with the founders, execute strategic and operational topics and play a significant role in running and growing the company
- You will take the lead in a variety of cross-functional tasks and projects related to Strategy, Business Development, Marketing and Sales
- You will dive deep in the data and not only convert data analysis into insights, identify the biggest levers for growth and develop actionable plans, but also subsequently implement these with lots of drive and ownership
- You will be a growth hacker in everything you do and proactively figure out how to unlock operational efficiency, improve business processes and deliver scalable solutions
- You don’t see the mess, you see the challenges which want to be tackled and rules which want to be broken ;-)
Our perfect match:
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Economics or similar and graduated amongst the best 20% of your class at a top university
- You have gained already 2-3 years of practical experience in the area of business development, venture development or entrepreneurship, preferably in a start-up, an incubator and/or consultancy
- You love challenges and can work independently with little instruction, you have a roll-up-your-sleeves and get-stuff-done attitude and are always thinking one step ahead
- You have excellent analytical skills, work diligently, have great attention to detail and are able to consistently deliver results under pressure
- You have an interest in technology and are eager to learn something new every day
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills in German and English
What we offer:
- Experience the challenge and velocity of a rapidly growing high-tech startup
- Gain deep insights into state-of-the-art software development and manufacturing processes in the domain of "Industry 4.0"
- A world-class multicultural team: we don’t just work together, we truly care about each other and seek to bring out the best in each other every day
- A high paced startup environment with low hierarchies
- Competitive salary incl. stock options and flexible working hours
You want autonomy, responsibility and you really want to grow with us? You have limitless energy, tenacity and love the thrill of the hunt? If that sounds like you, we’d love to receive your application!